Is Colorado Springs the Best Big City for First Time Home Buyers? According to U.S. News & World Report® Colorado Springs Ranks #1 as Most Desirable Place to Live in the US! Even with that desirability Colorado Springs was ranked #24 for the Best Big City for First Time Home buyers by WalletHub® for 2019. Big Cities are classified as having 300,000 people or more. WalletHub® indicated that they used 3 key dimensions with 18 relevant metrics in determining the Best Big City for First Time Home Buyers ranking.
What might be even more impressive is that Colorado Springs was ranked #2 for Best Big City to Live in by WalletHub® and is ranked #6 Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report®. Colorado Springs also ranked very well in many other categories. See more rankings summarized below or visit WalletHub.com for more details.
As a REALTOR® and Resident, I am not surprised at these rankings in that I have lived in many parts of the country and have seen most of the U.S. throughout my lifetime. Comparatively Colorado Springs is a great place to live and raise a family. I am now 48 years of age and have lived here longer than anywhere else. I have lived here with my wife for 18 years and we have two children in middle school. If you are looking for a Bigger City to live in but want a great environment for your kids to be raised, I couldn’t recommend a better city in the U.S. It’s great to see various surveys supporting what I have thought for many years living here.
Colorado Springs Rankings:
- Best Large City to Live in: Rank 2
- Best Real Estate Tax Rate: Rank 3
- Best Place to Find a Job: Rank 5
- Most Educated: Rank 12
- Best Schools (Colorado): Rank 17
- Best for First Time Home Buyers: Rank 24
- Most Family Friendly: Rank 25
- Best for Quality of Life: Rank 26
- Best for Recreation: Rank 35
- Best for Weather: Rank 42
- Best for Driving: Rank 45
I don’t really get the #22 ranking for Recreation. If you are Active and take advantage of getting outdoors and visit the mountains than it is a tremendous place for Recreation. Denver was ranked #10 and it is only 40 miles north so the really Big City recreation items are there. So if it is City Recreation, then yes maybe #22 is a reasonable ranking for Colorado Springs.
Notable State of Colorado Rankings:
- Best State School System: Rank 2
- Most Politically Engaged State: Rank 2
Map of the Best Big Cities for First Time Home Buyers:
If you are an Experienced or First Time Home Buyer, try searching homes on this site, Our site is Better than any of the other National sites because our site is Hyper Localized and is more up to date with No outdated listings. Give us a try and contact us when you want to start your home buying journey..
PriceBedsBathsMore Advanced Search
- This site filters out under contract and unavailable properties so you don’t waste your time, Zillow does not.
- This site has Localized pre-formatted searches like by neighborhood, community, zip code, and school districts.
- This site is integrated with the local Pikes Peak MLS so all properties from the entire MLS are Active and Available, not outdated listings
If you are specifically a First Time Home Buyer visit our “Wish To Own” Home Buyer Program to learn more about buying a home.
Thanks for Visiting, We Hope to Help You Realize Your Wish of Home Ownership!
Broker, Owner, REALTOR®
Wish Property Group, Inc.®